Treasurer London Waterkeeper
|Job Title:||Treasurer London Waterkeeper|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Theo Thomas|
|Job Published:||November 17, 2020 15:37|
Treasurer, trustee. London Waterkeeper
Location: London Salary: Unremunerated
London Waterkeeper wants the city’s rivers to be flourishing environments. We are working to transform the relationship we have with the Thames and its tributaries so that they are swimmable, fishable, accessible waters. We champion environmental laws and use them to increase accountability and transparency. We give people tangible ways to protect their environment and hold power to account.
London Waterkeeper is a small charity looking for someone that can help continue our growth to have a greater impact. Our current Treasurer is stepping down from the Board after 3 years.
Our current main campaign –
A Thames Fit To Swim. To make it a reality people need to know when sewers overflow. We asked Thames Water to do this and abide by the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. They refused so we have started legal action. We have started a campaign to demonstrate to Thames Water the desire for more public information.
As the Treasurer of London Waterkeeper you will play an integral role. We need someone who will administer our finances and who will also be active in helping us develop new ideas and strategies. If this excites you and you want to stand up for clean water please apply
Overall, we expect the time commitment to be two days a month. The role includes the following:
- Attend and contribute to Trustees Meetings
- Produce management accounts once a month
- Review bank transactions on a weekly basis
- Be the main contact for the Bank and set up or approve payments
- Run the payroll and salary payments
- Be main contact for outsourced payroll
- Pay HMRC any amounts due related to payroll (no CT tax)
- Make a VAT submission online (normally a claim).
- Make the pension payments and keep the pension scheme details up to date.
- Prepare and file - Annual receipts and payments accounts
- Read weekly Government Publication for charities
- Input to Governance process (including cyber security)
- Maintain files on Dropbox
To apply for the job email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07421 745 619
Website - https://www.londonwaterkeeper.org.uk/expose-thames-waters-refusal-to-issue-real-time-sewer-spill-alerts
London Waterkeeper is a registered charity 1165862 and a member of the Waterkeeper Alliance