Just 4 Children
20 days ago
Deadline: 24 January 2022
The Treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements, and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation.
Who we are
Just4Children is passionate about the relief of sickness and preservation of good physical and mental health of children and young people under the age of 25 years resident in the United Kingdom and Ireland in particular, and without limitation, by providing and assisting in the provision of services and grants to enable them to obtain medical treatment, therapies and equipment which would not otherwise be available to them.
Just4Children provides fundraising support for families in these areas:
- Life changing treatment for children with brain injuries;
- Access to quality of life enhancing surgeries and treatments like selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) and stem cell therapy;
- Access to life-saving surgeries and treatments;
- Probable and likely surgeries and treatments as yet not diagnosed;
- Short breaks and holidays for children with families fighting illnesses and disabilities;
- Creating dreams for terminally ill children;
- Mobility and sensory equipment;
- New technology to enhance quality of life for house bound children;
- Holistic therapy and support programmes for autistic children;
- Adaptions to homes and living environments to improve quality of life - widen doors and install ramps, improve access to rooms and facilities - eg stairlifts, accessible showers, bathrooms or toilets, therapy room;
- Sports equipment to enable talented disabled athletes to participate in competitive sport;
- Service dogs for children with epilepsy and other conditions;
- And any other areas the trustees feel will benefit children who have disabilities and sickness.
We can help children with many different medical conditions. This includes the treatment and support for conditions associated with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), stress, attention deficit hyperactivity (ADHD), Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and demand avoidance (PDA).
We support children and young people with disabilities and sickness until their 25th birthday regardless of their disability or health condition. The cornerstone of our work is to act as a safety net for families unable to get the help they need. We are non-condition specific.
DEADLINE: 24 JANUARY 2022