Treasurer for small charity
|Job Title:||Treasurer for small charity|
|Reference:||REF - 123|
|Contact Name:||Ian Harbour|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2020 13:09|
We are a small charity in desperate need of a treasurer. We sponsor children in Vietnam and fund a wide range of projects helping the poor including cataract operations. Please view our website: www.projectreturn.org.uk This is a voluntary role, suitable for someone with book-keeping/accounts experience. It will involve approx. 2 days of work per month. We have 4 meetings a year which last 1-2 hours. These have been held in Devon, but more recently by Zoom.
- Receiving and banking cash and cheque donations.
- Sending receipts for monies received.
- Paying invoices In relation to the running expenses of the charity.
- Recording all income (including money paid direct to the charity’s bank account) and payments.
- Transferring money between the charity’s two bank accounts as required.
- Reporting on the financial situation at meetings of the trustees including what money is available for allocation to new projects.
- Reporting to the Sponsorship secretary on what money has been given by sponsors including gifts for students.
- Making transfers of funds to Vietnam, usually three times a year.
- Claiming tax from HMRC on gift aided and GASDS donations, usually twice a year.
- Maintaining the file of Gift Aid Declaration forms.
- Preparing the annual accounts for presentation to the Examiner and liaising with him.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's