Treasurer for new charity board
|Job Title:||Treasurer for new charity board|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Nick Goldsmith|
|Job Published:||April 29, 2021 22:56|
We are looking for a treasurer to join our board of trustees on this new exciting children's charity. The Bank of Dreams and Nightmares is a creative writing and mentoring centre for young people in Bridport, West Dorset. It inspires 7-18 year olds through the power of storytelling, unleashing their imaginations, building their confidence and self-respect and enhancing their ability to communicate. It all begins when visitors arrive and pass through the actual BANK itself, a weird and wonderful place where you can really deposit and withdraw words and stories, mix dreams and concoct nightmares. Stop and do some banking or shop for ingredients or continue through the secret door to the writing workshop itself.
Main Responsibilities And Duties
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at the Board meeting (P&L and balance sheet).
- Comment on annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the financial year.
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
Requirements & Qualities
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Financial qualifications and experience, ideally Chartered Accountant.
- Expenses only as trustees may not legally be remunerated.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's