Treasurer Fiveways Playcentre
|Job Title:||Treasurer Fiveways Playcentre|
|Contact Name:||Jo Hathaway|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2021 11:29|
Founded in 1963, Fiveways Playcentre is a vibrant and well loved nursery in Brighton providing affordable pre-school childcare and running breakfast and after school clubs for over 100 children. We are a dedicated team of 38 staff and provide a welcoming and nurturing environment for our children and their families. We aim to create a sense of community, running family events throughout the year and encouraging parents to be involved in the management of the playcentre. We are supported by a board of Trustees and we are looking to recruit a Trustee with special responsibility for finance, to take on the role of Treasurer.
The Treasurer would have oversight of the organisations finances and provide support to the Playcentre Manager and the finance manager on all matters financial.
Typically, this would involve
- Ensuring that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs.
- Prior to board meetings reviewing and approving the half termly management accounts prepared by the finance manager.
- Supporting the board to make sense of the management accounts and providing them with strategic financial advice.
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy.
- Overseeing and contributing to the preparation and submission of the Annual Report and submissions to the Charity Commission.
- Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way.
- Helping the board to confirm that it is meeting all its legal and regulatory requirements in relation to finances.
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
The above list is indicative only and not exhaustive. The treasurer may be expected to perform all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
Skills and qualities.
- An experienced Treasurer Trustee of a charity or a qualified accountant with demonstrated knowledge and experience of finance practices.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Being prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the board
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
Time Commitment: A minimum of six board meetings per year ( currently by zoom but in person when conditions allow) and up to 2 days to review Annual Accounts and prepare and submit Annual Report.
Duration: Minimum commitment 2 years.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact Jo Hathaway (email@example.com) to arrange an informal chat.