6 days ago
Chelmsford Scout Council
Chelmsford District Scout Council
District Treasurer (voluntary role)
Outline: The Chelmsford District Scout Council comprises 26 Scout Groups; 10 Explorer Units and caters for over 2,000 young people supported by 250 adult volunteers and manages funds in excess of £100K on an annual basis.
The Treasurer will provide sound financial administration, support and information to the District Executive Committee District in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
Responsible to: Chelmsford District Scout Council.
Appointment requirements: Must successfully complete the adult appointment process for the Scout Association (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association's policies).
The Responsibilities of the Treasurer:
- Manage and monitor the financial activities of the District.
- Prepare and present financial reports and accounts to the Executive Committee.
- Budgetary & financial planning.
- Ensuring that all financial reports, annual statements of account and supporting documents are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations.
- Ensuring that the District has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place.
- Prepare the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination.
- Become a Charity Trustee for the District and prepare Annual report for the Charity Commission.
- Membership and attendance of quarterly Executive Committee meetings.
- Strong organisational; communication and IT skills
- Able to think creatively and solve problems as part of a team
- Previous experience of financial management or the role of a Charity Treasurer
- Ability to summarise financial information for different audiences
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others.
- Able to maintain independent and objective judgement.
Please reply to Roger Cole; firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to have a new volunteer District Treasurer in place by 1st January 2022. The role would be for one year initially, to be extended annually by mutual agreement.
Time committment for this role would be approximately 4-5 hours per week plus attending 4 committee meetings plus an AGM each year either face-to-face or via Zoom..