18 days ago
Link to Change
Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE) remains a genuine problem for children and young people across the country.
For the past 10 years Link to Change, an independent charity, has been tackling this problem across Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
Link to Change support young people, between the ages of 12 to 26, who are at risk, victims or survivors of CSE and CCE via a range of therapeutic outreach projects. They provide and support a range of workshops and activities that engage young people.
Role of Treasurer:
The treasurer would be responsible for the following duties:
- completion of the financial quarterly board report
- assistance in the completion of financial forecasts, budget management , general financial oversight and planning
- ensure the appropriate financial systems and controls are in place
- ensure effectively monitoring and reporting
- signing off all financial actions monthly within the organisation, alongside the CEO and administrator
- completion and support with any other financial aspects of the organisation
Role of Trustees
Trustees are responsible for the governance of the organisation; to ensure we meet our aims and objectives and remain financially sustainable. They scrutinise board papers and policy documents, focus on key issues and provide guidance to staff.
Each individual member of the trustee board has a responsibility to contribute to the discharging of the board's duties. They can do this by:
- maintaining an awareness of the business of the organisation
- taking responsibility for their own learning and development
- regularly attending, preparing for, and taking a full part in meetings
- actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- monitoring whether the service complies with its governing document
- monitoring the financial position and ensuring that the organisation operates within its means and objects, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management
- supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects
- actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of the organisation, and acting in its best interests at all times
- maintaining confidentiality about any sensitive or confidential information received during duties as a trustee