Treasurer - Board of Trustees
|Job Title:||Treasurer - Board of Trustees|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Munn|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2019 15:29|
- A friendly, vibrant user led organisation run by and for Deaf and Disabled people and carers living, working and studying in the London Borough of Bromley.
- Inclusive of ALL Disabled people and carers, including people with physical, sensory impairments, learning disability or mental health support needs and neuro-diverse people.
Our staff and management committee are all Disabled people who work, study or live in the local area and are totally committed to building an inclusive and diverse society where everyone has the chance to thrive. We aim to:
- Support Deaf and Disabled people and carers to get their voices heard in policy and planning
- Provide accessible information about their rights and entitlements
- Campaign for an inclusive and accessible society
- Promote the social model of disability and independent living for Disabled people.
- We have worked hard to raise the profile of Deaf and Disabled people's issues within the local community over the past six years.
- We have been successful in establishing the only Centre for Independent Living in the Borough.
You are someone who
- Ideally, identifies as a Deaf or Disabled person or a carer (for the Treasurer role we are willing to consider co-opting a person who doesn’t meet this criteria)
- Has knowledge, experience and skills in finance, understanding budgets, management accounts, annual accounts and budget projection
- Wants to help Disabled people have a voice and influence in society
- Is available to attend meetings during the day time every other month, 1.5 hours each meeting
- Is willing to give your time on a volunteer basis
What we offer you
- Free training and skill development
- Supportive peer networks
- Volunteer expenses (at a reasonable level)
People of all ages and backgrounds. Currently we are under-represented in the following groups: LGBTQ+, BAME and people with sensory impairments.
For more information please contact: Joanne Munn, Interim Coordinator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone us on 020 8650 2102
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN OPEN OPPORTUNITY AND THERE IS NO CLOSING DATE