15 days ago
Accounting for International Development
Accounting for International Development (AfID) offers volunteer assignments for accountants and auditors across the UK, Africa, Asia & South America including Trustee/Treasurer roles and financial capacity building placements from 2 to 12 weeks.
Our partner funds a child care centre in Zambia, which supports over 250 chidren in schools, runs 2 homes with 30 students, has a feeding programme for external school children and administers a programme of 40 students in tertiary education.
Key tasks and responsibitlities
- Control of funds – maintain separation of restricted & unrestricted funds
- Keep up to date cash books and reconcile monthly with bank statements
- Pay in cheques as received
- Make reports to Board meetings on financial situation with budgets & forecasts
- Liaise as required with donees
- Liaise with sponsors of students in tertiary education for timely receipt of annual funds for onward remittance
- Prepare Annual Accounts for Independent Examination
It is estimated that the time commitment required is approximately 3 hours per week.