Treasurer and trustee for well established charity
|Job Title:||Treasurer and trustee for well established charity|
|Contact Name:||Jennie Marshall|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2018 20:04|
Avenues Youth Project is a forward-looking charity based in North West Westminster helping disadvantaged children. The Charity has been operating since 1979 serving families on some of London's most challenging housing estates.
We are seeking a skilled and committed Treasurer, to replace our outgoing Trustee in that role. The person we are seeking will be an experienced finance director or similar with a shared desire to improve the lives of young people accessing our services and will become a pro-active member of our board of trustees.
He/she will play a strategic role in ensuring the charity is on a stable financial footing and able to continue to provide much needed services to the community at a time when little other support is available.
We hope our Treasurer will:
- liaise with our Finance manager to oversee the financial accounts,
- provide ad hoc accounting advice to the Director and Finance Manager,
- produce a monthly Financial Dashboard in excel for the Board of Trustees,
- provide strategic overview of the Charity's short-term operations and medium-term goals
- attend 6 board meetings a year (on weekday evenings) and chair 4 meetings of the Finance Sub-Committee (timing flexible)
- guide and advise the Board of Trustees on all matters relating to the financial administration of AYP, the approval of budgets, annual accounts and financial statements, ensuring that proper financial procedures and records are maintained.
The Treasurer will have the skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences, and be prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
Most importantly, the successful candidate will enjoy sharing their expertise to help a progressive youth charity to expand our work in a happy team environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's