Treasurer & Trustee
|Job Title:||Treasurer & Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Jane Powell|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2019 16:16|
The British Stammering Association is experiencing one of its most dynamic and exciting periods of activity in our 41 year history. Our Stamma campaign has been seen by over 5 million people with the charity’s membership steadily growing. We’ve a small, passionate team working from our office in Bethnal Green, and huge ambition. We are a comparatively small charity, with an annual income averaging £200K.
The Board is looking to appoint a Treasurer to help guide the organisation’s finances over the years ahead. We aren’t necessarily looking for someone who stammers, but we are looking to recruit someone with a passion for the cause.
This position is unremunerated, although travel expenses can be covered.
The role would suit someone looking for experience in the charity governance sector.
- Qualified accountant with experience of financial control and budgeting at a senior level
- Ideally some experience of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board
- Willingness to be available to the CEO and Finance Officer for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis.
- Experience of Sage accounting.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's