Treasurer and trustee
|Job Title:||Treasurer and trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Professor Glyn Turton|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 17:30|
Hope for the Future is a young and growing charity which trains and supports members of the public who wish to engage politicians about climate change. Our present treasurer, who has been with the charity since its inception, is standing down. We now wish to appoint to this voluntary role a successor who will play a vital part in guiding Hope for the Future through the next exciting stage of its development. The position will be of interest to anyone with appropriate experience who is willing to serve a charitable cause that seeks to address the most urgent crisis facing the planet.
- Oversight of the financial affairs of the charity in order to ensure that they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensuring that proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitoring and reporting on the charity's financial health.
- Oversight of the production of financial reports, returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaising with relevant staff and trustees to ensure the financial viability of the charity.
- Making fellow trustees aware of their financial obligations and taking a lead in interpreting financial data for them.
- Regularly reporting to the board of trustees on the charity's financial position.
- Overseeing the production of an annual budget.
- Ensuring that proper records are kept and that financial procedures and controls are in place.
- Appraising the financial viability of plans and proposals.
- Leading on appointing and liaising with auditors and/or an independent assessor.
- Knowledge and experience of current fundraising practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Appropriate knowledge of financial management.
- Skills in financial analysis.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
The treasurer would normally be expected to attend the monthly meetings of the board of trustees. Over and above that commitment, the amount of time devoted to the role would be a matter for negotiation between the chair and the treasurer.
Those interested in this role are invited to contact the chair, Professor Glyn Turton, informally on 07765173693. Applications, setting out the applicant's reasons for having an interest in the post, and his or her experience and qualities, should be sent to the email address provided.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's