Treasurer and Trustee
|Job Title:||Treasurer and Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Jenny Warner|
|Job Published:||December 15, 2020 18:06|
Job Title: Treasurer and Trustee (voluntary posts)
We are working in partnership with British Gas Energy Trust, who are looking to appoint two experienced Trustees: one with appropriate finance and accounting skills plus board level expertise to serve as Treasurer, the second with a professional career forged within the Communications, HR, Safeguarding, IT & Data Management or Policy arena.
British Gas Energy Trust is solely funded, but independent from, their founder British Gas. Their mission is to alleviate the detrimental impact of poverty, helping people in, or at risk of, financial hardship to meet their energy needs and manage their energy costs through support, education and raising awareness of sound money management.
In both roles, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A clear commitment to the mission and values of the Trust
- The capacity to participate actively and from an informed position
- Specialist knowledge of relevance to the Trust’s mission & strategic objectives
In addition, the Treasurer’s primary roles will be to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, oversee its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The successful candidate will have:
- Significant senior financial qualifications and experience
- Experience of being a Trustee
- An understanding of the challenges faced by communities and the consumer energy sector.
- A balanced view of risk, ability to analyse proposals and work constructively to resolution
- Ability to work constructively, collegiately, and diplomatically with all stakeholders, including fellow Trustees, the CEO and BGET Team.
- Interest in the wider socioeconomic challenges faced across England, Scotland & Wales; with an understanding and empathy of the detrimental impact of poverty and fuel poverty on the lives of vulnerable people.
As a charitable trust BGET uphold kindness, empathy, respect and they operate in an innovative, agile, and collaborative way. BGET value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments are made on merit. They believe that the best Boards are those that are balanced and reflect the communities they serve. As a trust that funds work across England, Scotland & Wales, they would particularly welcome applications from Scotland & Wales as well as from groups underrepresented at Board level.
This is an interesting and challenging time to be joining the Board of Trustees, and they are looking for individuals who are willing to commit their skills, patience, talents and time to the Trust; supporting the CEO and small team to meet the challenges and embrace the opportunities, that lie ahead. If you are keen to make a positive difference in helping to support people in financial distress and hardship, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
For the Treasurer and General Trustee roles, please submit your CV and supporting statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Recruitment email@example.com.
When making your application, please indicate clearly the role for which you are applying – Treasurer (ref: JO2791), General Trustee (ref: JO2792) or Money Advice Trustee.
Closing date for applications: 11 January 2021
Interview date: 28 January 2021