Treasurer & Trustee
|Job Title:||Treasurer & Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Mercieca|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2020 16:12|
Plan Zheroes is looking to recruit a treasuer/trustee to its Board to enable us to strengthen and scale up our activity.
Over 8 million people are suffering significant food poverty in the UK while, at the same time, the UK food industry creates 3 million tonnes of waste each year. 62% of this is avoidable, but less than 50,000 tonnes is redistributed. There is more than enough surplus food to feed everyone who needs it.
Plan Zheroes is a charity that provides practical solutions to the issue of redistributing surplus food from businesses to local charities and community groups.
We started in 2010 as a group of volunteers committed to raising awareness of the issues. In 2013 we registered as a charity, with the aim of building the organisation and extending our reach to areas outside London.
Today we are acknowledged experts in the field. We have given evidence at parliamentary commissions on food waste and food poverty. We support the food waste reduction initiatives of organisations such as WRAP, Considerate Hoteliers and the Sustainable Restaurant Association.
We are at an exciting stage in our development. Our online platform for surplus food donations is used by many businesses, including catering companies such as ISS, Harbour & Jones, Compass/Restaurant Associates and Delaware North, as well as smaller food businesses who donate their surplus food to charities and community groups. We also run volunteer-led food collections at two London markets
We are now looking to recruit a finance trustee to:
· Manage our accounts and report on these quarterly to our Board
· Advise on financial matters
· Help implement an income generation model
· Compile and submit our Annual Report to the Charities Commission. This report has to be independently audited.
In addition, trustees are expected to:
- attend quarterly Board meetings and an annual planning day
- advise and support the charity’s CEO on ad hoc pieces of work (1-2 hours per month)
- attend events
- promote Plan Zheroes’ work and fundraising efforts on social media or with social networks.