Treasurer & Chair of Trustees @ Charity Supporting Armed Forces Families
|Job Title:||Treasurer & Chair of Trustees @ Charity Supporting Armed Forces Families|
|Contact Name:||Dave Busby|
|Job Published:||June 30, 2021 17:05|
Our partner, set up by two mothers whose sons were both injured whilst serving in Afghanistan, provides peer support to the Armed Forces community, putting families in touch face-to-face, or virtually, with others in similar situations.
They are looking to appoint two new Trustees to take up the roles of Treasurer and Chair of Trustees, who can use their skills and experience to build on a foundation of excellence, ensure sustainability and grow the charity.
The Treasurer's duties include the following:
- Chair the Finance Sub-Committee, which meets four times per year, prior to the Board meeting.
- Ensure the organisation operates within the financial guidelines, set out in current legislation by the Charity Commission, in the Charity’s constitution and by the Board.
- Ensure they have adequate financial and internal controls, and ensure these are monitored regularly.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the Board any financial risks facing the Charity.
- Ensure that the Charity’s financial resources are sufficient to meet the current and future needs and to advise the Board on the Board's reserves policy, which is to be reviewed and monitored regularly.
- In conjunction with the Director, arrange the compilation and agreement of both the Trustees’ annual review and the annual report of accounts by the independent examiner.
Chair of Trustees
The duties of the Chair of the Board of Trustees include the following:
- Providing leadership to the organisation and the Board, by ensuring that the Board operates within its charitable objectives and provides a clear strategic direction for the Charity.
- Ensuring that the Board is able to regularly review major risks and associated opportunities, and satisfy itself that systems are in place to take advantage of opportunities and manage and mitigate the risks.
- Ensuring that the Board fulfils its duties to ensure the sound financial health of the Charity, with systems in place to ensure financial accountability.
- Chairing meetings of the Board of Trustees effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to the decision-making process.
- Ensuring regular contact with the Director to maintain an overview of the Charity’s affairs and building a strong and effective working relationship with them. Ensuring they are held to account for achieving agreed strategic objectives.
- Representing the organisation at functions and meetings and acting as a spokesperson as appropriate.
The charity is based in Aldershot, Hampshire, and Board meetings are either held in Aldershot, or London, four times a year. Currently meetings are being held virtually, due to Covid-19, and some remote attendance will be possible post-pandemic. These roles are voluntary, but all reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Please note that these are voluntary position and therefore unremunerated.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's