|Salary:||This is an unpaid role, however expenses are remunerated|
|Contact Name:||Mike Taylor|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2019 14:15|
The Royal Photographic Society has entered an exciting period of development having just moved into prestigious new premises in Bristol, enabling it to engage the public in the appreciation of photography with renewed vigour. The RPS provides an exciting programme of educational events, bursaries, and exhibitions, in addition to recognising excellence in all fields of photography at its annual awards ceremony at the Royal Society in London.
We are seeking a new Treasurer to join the RPS in September and become part of our active and committed Board of Trustees and Council. This person will be an accountant or finance professional with experience of financial management in complex organisations. Knowledge of charity finance, accounting and governance, although not essential, is desired.
The Treasurer provides oversight of financial strategy, planning, systems and controls for ensuring that the RPS is in a sound financial position to deliver on its objectives, and for ensuring that Board decision-making takes full account of relevant financial considerations. Specific examples of duties include:
· Attending bi-monthly trustee meetings in London or Bristol.
· Attending and chairing the finance and investment committees.
· Attending the AGM.
· Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Finance Manager to provide oversight of systems, processes, financial performance and key financial and regulatory decisions.
· Advising trustees on financial performance and key strategic decisions.
· Liaising with professional advisors.
· Providing oversight of other regulatory compliance issues on behalf of the Board of Trustees.
In addition, as a member of the Board of Trustees, you will be responsible for governance, strategy, performance management, and leadership of the charity.
While this role is not remunerated, Trustees receive reimbursement for reasonable travel and subsistence expenses.
If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity further, please submit your CV along with a brief summary of your interest.
All trustees of the Royal Photographic Society are elected to their posts by the membership. Further information and assistance will be made available to interested candidates.