|Job Published:||April 04, 2019 13:24|
Croydon Vision is looking for a new Treasurer to join the Board of Trustees.
The role of this Trustee will be to assist the Board of Trustees and Director with the financial management of the charity, offering oversight and guidance as the organisation continues its efforts to diversify income streams. You will lead on the financial strategy for the charity as well as creation of the annual accounts. This role does not require support with everyday finance activity.
We are, therefore, looking for someone with the following knowledge and skills:
- Extensive experience, and proven success, in financial management.
- Knowledge and experience of current finance practice, including fundraising, relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
This is an outline only, not definitive in any way
ATTRIBUTES OF CROYDON VISION’S BOARD MEMBERS
An enthusiasm for the work of Croydon Vision and a willingness to act as an advocate.
- A commitment to promote opportunities for people with sight loss or community development at large.
- A commitment to carry out the duties of a Board Membership.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and a willingness to state personal convictions and, equally, to accept a majority decision and be tolerant of the views of other people.
- A preparedness to offer personal and business skills and experience to support the work of Staff and Volunteers when required.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TREASURER – CROYDON VISION
- Reviewing Croydon Vision’s financial performance, ensuring effective controls in place at all times, delegating responsibilities to the Director.
- Reviewing policies for finance and investment and advising the board accordingly.
- Responsible for facilitating the preparation of the annual accounts.
- Ensuring budgets, forecasts and cash flows are prepared on a timely basis.
- Presenting quarterly management accounts to the board.
- Assist the board in identifying and evaluating risks the charity may face
- To present the independently examined accounts at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Up to six board meetings (2hrs each) held a year (excluding the AGM), currently held at Croydon Vision’s office, and to offer time to support staff and initiatives within Croydon Vision as required.
- A commitment to attend some events by Croydon Vision and any other key meetings, where appropriate.
BENEFITS OF TRUSTEESHIP WITH CROYDON VISION
- Contributing to a great cause – supporting people with sight loss
- Strategic experience – critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional networks – meeting diverse professionals
- Developing skills and experience – adapting your professional knowledge
- Team working – constructively challenge ideas, interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email HR@croydonvision.org.uk your CV along with a page covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Please note, an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and reference check will be obtained for the successful candidate.
Application and Selection Process – Dates for your diary:
Application’s Closing Date
25th April 2019
Interview Process (some flexibility applies)
WKC 29th April 2019
Induction Process (some flexibility applies)
WKC 13th May 2019
72-74 Wellesley Road
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's