|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2019 16:15|
About the organisation
One North East London (1ne) provides abstinence based treatment for addicts wishing to maintain a drug and/or alcohol free lifestyle.
- We provide a multi award winning structured treatment programme based on group therapy.
- Our Relatives service supports anyone affected by another’s addiction.
- NE Teens supports children and young people living with addiction.
About the role
1ne is seeking a Treasurer to join our board. Given that we are a small organisation your involvement will have a big impact on the work we do and by joining our collaborative board you will help the organisation to continue providing invaluable support to the beneficiaries.
- Keep a set of books to trial balance using Quickbooks. Our on-line accounting system which links to our bank account.
- Reconcile bank account monthly.
- Produce bi-monthly management accounts.
- Report to bi-monthly Management Committee meetings.
- Liaise with auditors at end of financial year (31st March).
- Prepare annual budget and cash-flow projections.
Other areas that the current Treasurer oversees (which they might continue with, but is good for the new Treasurer to be aware of) are:
- Regular monitoring of incoming moneys and bank position compared to budget projections.
- Pay bills via on-line banking program.
- Pay monthly salaries and sessional workers.
- Administer staff pension scheme, including periodic returns to Pension Regulator.
The current Treasurer will continue as a Trustee and will be available to assist the successful candidate for as long as necessary.
- Financial qualifications and experience.
- Qualified accountant would be desirable.
- Experience of charity finance specifically would be desirable.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board.
- A preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquires on an ad hoc basis.
- Meetings are held bi-monthly, lasting for around 1 ½ hours.
- In addition to meetings the Treasurer will need to provide operational support on a weekly basis, for a few hours. This can be done either from the office or from home as the Quickbooks accounting system can be accessed remotely.
- Preparing accounts and reports takes up approximately 2 days per month.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance.
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's