|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2019 16:15|
About the organisation
One North East London (1ne) provides abstinence based treatment for addicts wishing to maintain a drug and/or alcohol free lifestyle.
- We provide a multi award winning structured treatment programme based on group therapy.
- Our Relatives service supports anyone affected by another’s addiction.
- NE Teens supports children and young people living with addiction.
About the role
1ne is seeking a Treasurer to join our board. Given that we are a small organisation your involvement will have a big impact on the work we do and by joining our collaborative board you will help the organisation to continue providing invaluable support to the beneficiaries.
- Keep a set of books to trial balance using Quickbooks. Our on-line accounting system which links to our bank account.
- Reconcile bank account monthly.
- Produce bi-monthly management accounts.
- Report to bi-monthly Management Committee meetings.
- Liaise with auditors at end of financial year (31st March).
- Prepare annual budget and cash-flow projections.
Other areas that the current Treasurer oversees (which they might continue with, but is good for the new Treasurer to be aware of) are:
- Regular monitoring of incoming moneys and bank position compared to budget projections.
- Pay bills via on-line banking program.
- Pay monthly salaries and sessional workers.
- Administer staff pension scheme, including periodic returns to Pension Regulator.
The current Treasurer will continue as a Trustee and will be available to assist the successful candidate for as long as necessary.
- Financial qualifications and experience.
- Qualified accountant would be desirable.
- Experience of charity finance specifically would be desirable.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board.
- A preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquires on an ad hoc basis.
- Meetings are held bi-monthly, lasting for around 1 ½ hours.
- In addition to meetings the Treasurer will need to provide operational support on a weekly basis, for a few hours. This can be done either from the office or from home as the Quickbooks accounting system can be accessed remotely.
- Preparing accounts and reports takes up approximately 2 days per month.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance.
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.