|Contact Name:||Kirsty Harrison|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2019 11:15|
An exciting opportinity has arisen for a new treasurer to join our board of directors.
The Treasurer will:
- Review the charity’s financial performance, monitoring its financial position and viability.
- Ensure the board of trustees is aware of its financial responsibilities
- Ensure the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted within the Charity Commission’s legal requirements, accounting conventions and good practice
- Ensure that hyh accounts and financial systems are audited as required by law
- To assist in presenting financial reports to the board on a monthly basis
- Required attendance at and chairing of the Finance and General Purposes Sub-Committee meetings which are held every quarter.
- Ensure the committee develops a long-term financial strategy for the organisation with objectives which can be monitored
- Ensure that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Liaise with charity’s finance staff and independent auditor.