5 days ago
Reach Volunteering are working with Arty-Folks, a charity that offers Art as Therapy to help people who feel at a low point in life and who are struggling with mental ill health on their recovery journey and to achieve mental well-being.
Arty-Folks are seeking a new Treasurer to join their board and ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the Charity. They will oversee the financial matters of the Charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation.
- To oversee, and present budgets, accounts, management accounts and financial statements to the board of trustees
- To ensure that proper accounts and records are kept, ensuring financial resource are spent and invested in line with the Charity’s policies, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To be instrumental in the development and implementation of financial, reserves and investment policies. Main Duties
- Chairing any finance committee in line with standing orders and terms of reference, and reporting back to the Board of Trustees.
- Liaising with the Charity’s auditors or independent examiner, where appropriate.
- Monitoring the financial viability of the Charity with the member of staff responsible for financial activities
- Creating sound financial instruments for the control of charity assets.
- Implementing and monitoring specific financial controls and systems are in place accordingly and adhered to. · Advising on the financial implications of the Charity’s strategic plan.
- Liaising with the Charity Secretary to ensure that the Charity’s Annual Accounts are compliant with the current Charities SORP.
- Acting as a counter-signatory on charity cheques (including any electronic transactions) and any applications for funds.
- Maintaining sound financial management of the Charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the Charity’s objects.
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the Charity.
- Financial qualifications and experience.
- Qualified accountant would be desirable.
- Experience of charity finance specifically would be desirable.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board. About the Role
- A preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquires on an ad hoc basis.
What difference will you make?
By becoming Treasurer for Arty-Folks you will being helping to ensure that the organisation continues to provide an invaluable service to the beneficiaries.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a passionate and empathetic team who make a tangible contribution to the governance and work of this innovative and essential service.
- The Board meets 4 times a year at their offices in Coventry.
- Approximately 1 hour per month ad hoc support will also be required
Before you apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.