|Contact Name:||Nicole Francis|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2018 11:11|
The Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
ILPA is a registered charity and a professional membership association. The majority of members are barristers, solicitors and advocates practising in all areas of immigration, asylum and nationality law. Academics, non-governmental organisations and individuals with an interest in the law are also members. ILPA exists to promote and improve advice and representation in immigration, asylum and nationality law through an extensive programme of training and disseminating information and by providing evidence-based research and opinion.
The Strategic Legal Fund (SLF)
The SLF supports strategic legal work which benefits vulnerable young migrants. The SLF funds strategic legal work in any area of law where vulnerable young migrants experience disadvantage or discrimination as a result of migration status. The SLF only supports strategic legal work. This is defined as work where the impact is likely to go beyond an individual case, and to result in changes to law, policy and practice that will benefit a wider group of people.
- Monitor the financial standing of ILPA and reports to the Board of trustees and the Chief Executive regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Chair the Strategic Legal Fund decision making panel.
- Acts as an authorizer of financial transactions over £2,000 and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the members.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's