|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2018 15:59|
We are a Dudley based charity – working across the West Midlands - whose aim is to reduce isolation and increase the participation of unskilled, lonely and vulnerable people so that they become more involved in community life and develop skills and attributes that help them progress in their lives and contribute to society.
We do this through:
- Bespoke 1-2-1 mentoring and support
- Our Café Placement and Office Administration Scheme
- Life skills training, including: cooking workshops, finance & budgeting, debt management and benefit advice.
About the role
- Ensure all strategic plans are financially appraised and budgets are aligned to both short and long-term objectives.
- Oversee planning/budgeting processes in participation with the Board and constructively challenge where required.
- Make payments and authorise payments made by other Board members
- Check and monitor receipts.
- Report monthly to the Board.
- Ensure any assets are maintained.
- Keep basic management accounts.
- Liaison with external auditors.
- Guide and advise fellow trustees to formally approve the annual report and audited accounts.
- Explain the accounts in plain language which is fully understood by the trustees.
- Keep the reserves policy and safeguard the organisation’s finances.
- Keep the board informed of free reserves position regularly and advise to cope with changing circumstances.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plans and overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process.
- Ensure compliance with the Charities Act with respect to financial matters.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Competent use of IT.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good leadership skills.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Qualified accountant or accounting technician.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of charity finance practices.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
It’s an exciting time to join Top Church Training. We have recently been awarded £300,000 of lottery funding and are looking to the future as we build on our success to date and embark on a number of changes including moving premises, redesigning our website and adding to and strengthening our board of trustees.
- The Board meets monthly at present on the second Tuesday of the month.
- The Treasurer updates the accounts on a weekly basis and also has regular meetings with the Service Manager.
- Attendance at functions, team meetings etc. as appropriate.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV.