|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Maddison Brown|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2018 20:04|
About the opportunity
Sea Cadet units are managed and run by committed volunteers. The unit management team (UMT) are volunteers and act as the unit’s trustees, headed up by unit chairperson, vice chairperson, secretary and treasurer. The UMT is responsible for the running of the unit at a strategic and management level.
Each Sea Cadet unit must comply with all policies and procedures issued for the governance of Sea Cadets by, or on behalf of, the MSSC Council and the Ministry of Defence (MOD). The MOD underwrites the Sea Cadet training liability.
About Sea Cadets
Barnsley unit and has gone from strength to strength in recent years. They offer a great experience and seeking the right person to enable that to continue and grow.
Barnsley has a thriving junior and senior section/s who make up the thirty cadets, with the support of our training and boats officer they are looking forward to an action packed experience.
The Unit Management Team is proud committed to supporting the best possible experience for Barnsley cadets.
What we are looking for?
Primary Purpose: To support the UMT chairperson and other trustees to manage an effective and successful Sea Cadet unit and provide a safe, maintained and serviced unit.
Secondary Purpose: To be accountable to the unit chairperson and fellow trustees for overseeing, collating and reporting financial matters including keeping efficient up to date accounts and regular reporting of income and expenditure.
The UMT treasurer is a volunteering role. We ask you to be responsible for:
- Keeping written up to date and accurate records of all bank/building society accounts and ensure that any interest due is added to the relevant account.
- Keeping up to date written records of all income and expenditure including any cash accounts held within the unit such as petty cash etc.
- Ensuring that all cash, cheques, etc are paid into the unit accounts and recorded in a timely and correct manner.
- Ensuring that all bank/building society accounts are only accessible through the signature of at least two separate signatories (It is recommended that there be at least three registered signatories for each account), all of whom must be current UMT volunteers.
- Ensuring that regular written reports are submitted to the UMT meetings including income, expenditure, liabilities and balances of all accounts. Any anomalies, which have occurred, must also be reported.
- Giving a full written report to the members of the unit/charity at the AGM: this is to include income, expenditure, liabilities and balances of all accounts. (It is recommended that a projection of costs for the coming year also be included in the treasurer’s report).
- Ensuring that the annual returns are completed and checked by an appropriate person, or audited where applicable and signed as correct. These should then be submitted to the AGM, for acceptance by the members. (The annual return may be used as the Annual Report, as below).
- Submitting returns and or any other forms to the relevant charity regulator before November of the following financial year.
- Ensuring that the Annual Statement of Accounts for the unit are completed and forwarded to the Area Business Manager (ABM) at the earliest opportunity, but at the latest before 31st October of the following financial year. A draft copy is to be sent to ABM as soon as available, and prior to adoption at AGM, to assist with the UMT review process.