3 months ago
A Voluntary Position
Purpose of Role
The Treasurer provides leadership in the strategic finance of BAFM, by:
- overseeing the financial affairs of the organisation and ensuring they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice;
- ensuring proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place;
- monitoring and reporting on the financial health of the organisation;
- overseeing the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- providing advice and financial projections to the Council to support planning of BAFM activities.
He or she is a trustee of the charity by virtue of being a member of the Council.
Skills and experience
The Treasurer will have:
Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance
practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations;
Good financial analysis skills;
The ability to work independently for much of the time; also the ability to work in a team when required (especially Council);
Experience of committee/group working with volunteer group(s) advantageous but not essential
Sympathetic to objectives of BAFM and the museum sector would be advantageous;
Competence in the use of standard office processes such spreadsheets,