REF Treasurer 2018
29 days ago
Friends of the Peak District
Are you passionate about the countryside? Do you have a good head for figures? We are looking for a hands-on Hon. Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees at a leading countryside charity.
What will you be doing?
TREASURER: ROLE DESCRIPTION
It is envisaged that the appointed trustee will take on the role of treasurer. Whilst the attached duties and responsibilities apply to all Trustees, the Honorary Treasurer is specifically tasked with:
- Leading on finance matters for the organisation
- Providing an oral report on the charity's annual accounts at the Annual General Meeting
- Ensuring sound systems of financial governance have been adopted and used
- Providing support to the keeping of adequate financial records by the Office Administrator
- Seeking assurances that payments are made legally and timely
- Reviewing and giving support to the production of appropriate policies and systems of financial control
- Sit on the Co-ordination Group (COG, our senior management team) ensuring:
- Independent examiners appointed and liaised with;
- Bank accounts appropriately maintained;
- Ensure budgets are realistic and monitored;
- Ensuring that sufficient and appropriate financial information is available to support decisions of the Trustees
- Reviewing and advising Trustees on reserves
The Treasurer works closely on these duties with the Director.