|Contact Name:||Shelley Feldman|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2018 15:52|
Heart of Hastings CLT Limited
Closing date: 01/10/18
Heart of Hastings is a Community Land Trust which is a community benefit society registered with the Financial Conduct Authority: 7604 and a charity registered with the HMRC: EW82493. We were created in 2016 to create “affordable spaces, diverse communities and inclusive neighbourhoods through socially driven investment and long-term co-ownership.”
We create home which are genuinely affordable, related to median local Incomes rather than market rents. We also believe in working with local residents, tradespeople and stakeholders, to bring investment and work opportunities to our seaside town.
These are exciting times for Heart of Hastings, in just 2 years we have secured grants and loans exceeding £1m, and are (August 2018) accepting applicants for our first flats. We have ambitious plans for the future with strong growth potential.
We are keen to recruit a treasurer to further strengthen our organisation and help us meet our goals.
The board meets by-monthly in Hastings, East Sussex. The Treasurer would be a key member of the board, attending meetings and working closely with the Chair, and our Executive Director, other board members and staff. This is an unpaid position, but reasonable expenses can be met in line with our Equalities Policy.
The overall role of the treasurer is to:
· S/he is a key member of the board of trustees with a focus on strategic oversight
· Maintain an overview of the organisation's financial affairs and its financial viability
· Ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained
· Advise staff on improvements to the financial systems
Responsibilities as a Treasurer:
· Maintaining and overseeing compliance of accounting policies, procedures and financial controls (via periodic reviews)
· Ensure financial statements comply with FCA, relevant accounting standards and other regulatory requirements
· Keep the Board updated and informed on financial matters
· Review and approve statutory accounts, budgets and management accounts
· Periodic review of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
· Ad hoc advice and guidance to staff
· Liaise with accounting firm/auditor where necessary
· Ad hoc financial analysis
· Finance professional
· Commitment to Heart of Hastings CLT and its values
· Strategic vision and experience of strategic finance
· Independent judgment
· Understanding legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of the Board
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
· Experience of working with a small organisation
· Desirable, but not essential, experience of: housing, construction or development finance
For further information about the role, or to seek and informal discussion with our Chair, Rodney Buse, please contact: