|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2018 15:37|
About the organisation
Swarthmore Quaker care home provides a warm and caring home for elderly people who no longer wish to live in their own homes. Residents are supported by qualified care staff on duty day and night. Residents pay their own care fees and we have a bursary fund to help residents whose resources become depleted.
About the role
We are recruiting a treasurer to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The Treasurer may also take a greater role in the day-today finances of the organisation when appropriate.
- Qualified accountant.
- Experience of financial management, ideally within a medium sized company.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board.
- A preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquires on an ad hoc basis.
- Are in sympathy with Quaker values of equality, simplicity, truth and peace and with Quaker business procedures.
- Are interested in providing a good life for frail elderly people in the Care Home.
- Experience of charity finance specifically would be desirable.
- Experience of the care sector would be desirable.
What difference will you make
This role presents both a rewarding and challenging opportunity. By providing your financial support to the board you will be helping to ensure that the organisation continues to carry out its invaluable work for the residents, their families and friends.
Whats in it for the volunteer
You will be joining a friendly and welcoming team who all share a passion for the work of the organisation.
- The board meets once every two months.
- Board members are also expected to attend open days and strategy days.
- Candidate should be able to commit to an initial three year term.
- Ad hoc support as required.
- On average, the role requires 1 to 2 days per month.
Swarthmore Care Home, 31 Marsham Lane, Gerrards Cross, Bucks SL9 8HB
How to apply
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's