|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 15:20|
New Dawn New Day has worked to support the wellbeing of women and girls in Leicester and Leicestershire for over 30 years. We started out as a community-based women’s centre in the 1980s, and we now deliver a range of services to vulnerable and socially excluded women designed to meet their multiple and complex needs.
We believe that all women and girls have the right to reach their potential and to live their lives free from poverty and violence. Through our work we know that women and girls affected by poverty, trauma and abuse have the potential to transform their lives. We support them by providing a safe environment and high quality, gender-responsive, trauma-informed support.
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
New Dawn New Day is seeking to strengthen its Board of Trustees. This is a great opportunity to bring your leadership skills to an innovative and forward-thinking organisation with an excellent reputation for success working with our complex client group. We have a collaborative culture and value empathy and team work.
Demand for our services is high and funding challenges are very real making this a challenging but highly rewarding time to become part of our organisation. We are passionate about what we do and we know it makes a difference.
- Understanding of accounting systems and confidence in analysing and interpreting financial information
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Competent use of IT skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
- Board Meetings – up to 10 a year. Generally held in the evening from 6.00pm until 8.30pm.
- The Treasurer is required to provide a finance report at each board meeting. At four of the 8 meetings there is usually a full finance report relating to the previous quarter’s financial performance and forecast for the remainder of the year.
- The Treasurer is usually required to meet with the CEO to review the financial position and to scrutinize the accounts. This also involves performing spot checks and other tests as stipulated in our finance policy and procedures.
- AGM in October or November each year.
- Strategy and planning meeting – usually in the spring.
How to Apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please provide your CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.