|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2018 17:05|
Reach Volunteering are working with Mosaic Clubhouse, an award winning independent mental health charity working in Lambeth supporting individuals age 16+ to re-enter employment, education & community. They are recruiting a Treasurer to join their outstanding group of trustees and oversee all financial related matters.
The accounts function at Mosaic has been outsourced for several years to a company who prepare monthly management accounts and the annual report & accounts.
- To oversee preparation of budgets, accounts & financial statements for board approval.
- Assurance that our financial resources meet our present and future needs & we have an appropriate reserves policy.
- Ensuring appropriate accounting procedures & financial controls are in place. Liaise with CEO about financial matters. Advise on the financial implications of our strategic plan.
- Ensure we have an appropriate investment policy.
- Ensure the accounts are prepared in accordance with best practice & meet the requirements of the regulators, funders & relevant statutory bodies.
- Ensure the accounts are audited & recommendations appropriately implemented.
- Keep the board informed about its financial duties & responsibilities Formally present the accounts at the AGM.
- Approve CEO & trustee expenses in the absence of the chair.
- Approve expenditure in accordance with the bank & investment mandates & our organisations financial controls policy.
- Chair the Finance & Performance sub-committee which meets four times a year.
- General Trustee duties including and actively contributing to the board by giving firm strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
- A recognised financial qualification and relevant financial experience.
- A commitment to the mission of Mosaic.
- A willingness to meet the minimum time requirement.
- Strategic vision.
- Good independent judgement.
- A willingness to speak their mind.
- An understanding & acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities & liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to take decisions for the good of Mosaic.
- Experience of charity finance, including tax and pension schemes is desirable.
What difference will you make?
We are a highly respected local charity that has grown significantly in the last few years due to our "can-do" attitude, our willingness to push boundaries, take risks and try new ways of working. Core to all our decision making is financial planning & modelling - we have doubled our income since 2012 and rely on the wisdom and skills of our treasurer to guide us at board level. We are part of a cutting edge Alliance Contracting arrangement in Lambeth that will mean negotiating a possible seven plus three year contract in 2019 - this is new territory for all of us and a very exciting challenge, perfect timing for a new Treasurer to join us! We are constantly looking for new opportunities for our members and are feeling positive about the opportunities that the new contracting arrangements could create.
What's in it for the volunteer?
Mosaic is part of a world-wide community of clubhouses supporting people to re-connect to their lives. Our very positive reputation is due to the success stories that occur here almost daily. The team of staff, members & trustees are all absolutely committed to improving the lives of people living with mental health conditions, the atmosphere here is vibrant & positive - a pleasure to be part of. We are deliberately understaffed so that the "side-by-side" work we all do together every day is "real", is valued & is fun for us all. You would enrich your experience of mental health and all its challenges; you would see peoples’ lives transformed - first hand.
- Bi-monthly board meetings take place on a Thursdays for two hours. We have food at 6pm with the meeting following at 6.30pm
- The Board sub-committee meets four times a year.
- There is also a half day annual away day.
- Some additional telephone and email contact required
Before you apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information