16 days ago
Staying Put is a domestic abuse and sexual violence charity working across the Bradford area. We support women, men and children who are survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
What will you be doing?
In addition to fulfilling the duties of a trustee, the Treasurer will maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements. The Treasurer will ensure that effective and appropriate financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place and report to the Board at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrate relevant experience in financial management, preferably with a recognised accounting qualification.
- Ability communicate financial matters to non-financial colleagues so that all Trustees are able to fully understand the organisation’s finances, review options and make informed choices.
- Ability to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- A commitment to the organisation and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the role.
- A capacity to understand and empathise with the issues of concern for Staying Put.
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
What's in it for the volunteer?
New board members will be joining a board with energy and expertise in many areas who work with and support the charity’s leadership team to achieve the growth and sustainability required to meet the needs of our beneficiaries.
We offer a full induction, and the opportunity to work with talented board members and staff team to build a portfolio of high-quality, relevant services that improve the lives of people affected by domestic and sexual abuse.
A few more details
The Reach TrusteeWorks Team are delighted to be supporting Staying Put with their trustee recruitment. Please do contact us if you have any questions about the role or about trusteeship in general.
Board members are expected to attend quarterly meetings, lasting around two hours.
All board meetings are normally held in Bradford and currently meetings are held during the day. However, since Covid we have been meeting virtually.
Before you apply
The Reach Volunteering TrusteeWorks team are supporting Staying Put with their recruitment. Please email your CV or Linkedin Profile, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. For an informal chat with the CEO, Yasmin Khan or Co-Chair Nazya Fiazplease contact the TrusteeWorks team who will be able to arrange this.
Deadline: 26 Nov 2021
Interviews: w/c 6th December.