5 days ago
Herts Young Homeless Group (hyh) is a unique charity in Hertfordshire providing services to support vulnerable people. We are looking to appoint a new Treasurer of hyh, in place of our current Treasurer who is retiring from the role in early 2022. Applicants should have the necessary financial skills and experience to act as the Treasurer of the charity.
The duties of the Trustee who acts as Treasurer are to:
- Review the charity’s financial performance, monitoring its financial position and viability.
- Ensure the board of Trustees is aware of its financial responsibilities.
- Ensure the financial affairs of the charity are conducted in accordance with legal requirements, accounting conventions and good practice.
- Ensure that the charity’s accounts and financial systems are audited as required by law.
- Assist in presenting financial reports to the board at each board meeting.
- Attend and chair the Finance Committee meetings and ensure the Finance Committee develops and monitors the long-term financial strategy of the charity.
- Ensure that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy and investment policy.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Review and approve the monthly payroll.
- Liaise with the charity’s finance staff and independent auditors.
Person specification for Treasurer
- Financial qualifications and experience - a professional accounting qualification would be a distinct advantage for the Treasurer role.
- Strategic financial planning skills.
- Some experience of charity finance and fundraising is desirable but not essential (and candidates do not need prior experience as a charity trustee).
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Ability to communicate financial information to those who may have little or no financial background.
What difference will you make?
Our Trustees play a key role in guiding hyh. They work with the management team of hyh to support the good governance of the charity, ensuring that the purpose of the charity is fulfilled and that the charity is well managed and financially viable. Overall responsibility for the charity lies with the Board of Trustees who delegate the day to day running to the CEO and Executive Management Team. This is an exciting opportunity to help to lead hyh in the next phase of its development and to use your skills and experience to make a lasting difference to the lives of the young people we support.
How to apply
Please apply via the Reach Volunteering website
6th December 2021