about 1 month ago
The Vauxhall Band
The Vauxhall Band, a new period instrument music ensemble made up of leading specialists in the historical performance field, is seeking to appoint a Treasurer to join the board of trustees.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a friendly team of experts, and work creatively on projects which will have a significant cultural, social, and educational impact, and reach many diverse communities.
The Treasurer will work alongside the Chair, Company Secretary, and two Co-Chief Executives, carrying out the following duties:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional, and within accepted accounting practice.
- Liaise with the Co-Chief Executives and Company Secretary on financial and legal matters.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts, and independent examination.
- Monitor the financial health of the organisation.
- Present budgets, accounts, and financial statements to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity’s financial position.
- Advise on the fundraising strategy of the organisation.
- Take the lead in interpreting financial data, and appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals, and feasibility studies
- Ensure that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity.
We would very much like to work with someone who has the following personal skills and experience:
- Interest in and passion for the arts, with a specific interest in music, concerts, research, music education, and historical performance.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to take decisions for the good of the organisation.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and time management.
- The ability to take the initiative.
- A flexible and practical approach to work.
- Discretion and diplomacy.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- The ability to think creatively.
Existing members of the board of trustees are: a solicitor specialising in charity law, a retired CFO of a global insurance company, a retired partner from a leading central London law firm, two renowned academics, and two musicians.
The board of trustees meet quarterly, either via Zoom or in person, in Central London.
Please visit www.thevauxhallband.com for further information. If you have any queries please contact Laura Piras, Co-Chief Executive email@example.com