|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Abigail Kay|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2018 16:09|
Ideal time commitment: minimum approx. 5-10 hours per month; flexible
Responsible to: the Chair
Bi Pride UK is a newly registered charity which aims to create public, high-profile spaces for the celebration of the bi community and anyone who experiences attraction beyond gender, addressing an existing lack of bi-specific celebration at many Prides across the country. We are seeking a volunteer to act as Treasurer. This volunteer will provide sound financial management of Bi Pride UK’s assets, helping to create more visibility and awareness of people across the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender.
The Treasurer will be responsible for maintaining and refreshing Bi Pride UK’s financial systems and controls, keeping the organisation’s financial records, and managing its accounts, including preparing budgets, financial projections, accounts and reports. They will also assist other committee members with budgeting, ensuring value for money and understanding of Bi Pride UK’s financial position, and will oversee all expenditure.
The Treasurer will be volunteering remotely. Our committee meetings take place via conference call on the third Monday evening of every month. All reasonable expenses incurred are reimbursed.
- Maintaining financial systems and controls for Bi Pride UK;
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate financial records for Bi Pride UK;
- Generating Bi Pride UK’s financial reports and income and expenditure projections;
- Overseeing all Bi Pride UK expenditure (within agreed financial controls), including all transactions made via its bank accounts;
- Developing the committee’s financial and budgetary literacy and competence;
- Supporting the Development and Partnerships Manager to generate income.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender;
- An understanding of the needs of bi people and communities in the UK;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills;
- An understanding of governance and charity finance topics;
- Confidence to exhibit complete independence in ensuring sound financial management;
- Excellent understanding of financial accounting processes, balance sheets and budgets, ideally with an accounting qualification;
- Meticulous attention to detail when scrutinising accounts;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The Treasurer will need to declare any current conflicts of interest.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 22nd July. The position is open to anyone over the age of 18. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, especially minority groups such as applicants of colour, trans and non-binary applicants and disabled applicants.
Bi Pride UK is aware of the barriers that can be faced in gaining traditional work experience, particularly for BAME, disabled and trans people. We will give weight to this and encourage people when applying to consider caring responsibilities, including parenthood, volunteering, and other non-paid experiences and responsibilities when making their application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's