|Contact Name:||Scot McKendrick|
|Job Published:||October 13, 2021 18:18|
The Sir Stanley Spencer Memorial Trust is responsible for maintaining and managing the independent art gallery devoted to the work of one of Britain's most original twentieth-century artists, Sir Stanley Spencer RA (1891-1959) who was born in Cookham and set many of his paintings in the village. The Gallery is a Fully Accredited Museum under the scheme administered by Arts Council England.
The Trust is seeking to appoint a new treasurer, ideally someone local to the Cookham area with an interest in this thriving volunteer-run Gallery. The current treasurer is looking to hand over the role from January 2022 and will be available for a full handover and to assist the new treasurer during the handover period.
The annual turnover of the Trust averages approximately £100k, mainly from Gallery admissions and purchases in the Gallery with supplementary income in the form of grants for specific projects.
The Treasurer's role includes:
- Ensuring that proper record is kept of all of the Trust's financial activities
- Day to day administration of the Trust's bank accounts including payments to suppliers and administration of receipts
- Preparing financial reports for each quarterly meeting of the Trustees and each quarterly meeting of the Management Committee
- Preparing the annual budget and other financial planning information
- Liaising with the appointed independent examiner in the preparation of the annual accounts and annual return to the Charities Commission
- Advising the Trustees on the investment of the Trust's funds
The Treasurer attends the quarterly Trustees Meetings and Management Committee meetings with additional work being carried out at home. In total the commitment averages approximately 2 or 3 days per month.
The Trustees are looking for a qualified accountant or finance professional with an ability to communicate and explain financial information to the Trustees and Management Committee. An ability to use email, spreadsheets and online banking facilities is essential.
If you would like to discuss this role further please email our Chair, Dr Scot McKendrick firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stanley Spencer Memorial Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales, no 307989. Please see our website stanleyspencer.org.uk for more information.