|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||October 13, 2021 10:00|
We believe survivors. We are bold and will go the extra mile to support survivors. We are big hearted, showing the empathy that survivors deserve and need. If you fit these values, then we would love to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
The Treasurer is an officer of the RSVP Board of Trustees. The role of the Treasurer is to ensure that the finances and supporting financial control systems are kept in order.
Together the trustees are collectively responsible for the governance and management of the
Charity, including financial management. However, the treasurer is expected to lead on all aspects of RSVP’s finances. This includes being able to present and explain financial information to other trustees, to aid the Board’s understanding and ability to jointly make decisions about financial matters.
What are we looking for?
- Financial qualifications or experience for example a chartered accountant
- Experience or knowledge of charity finance and charity governance
- The ability to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences for example value for money
- The ability to make an independent judgement on the charity finances and communicate these judgements to the CEO, management team and the Board of Trustees
- An ability to demonstrate RSVP’s values through this role (see below for more information on our values)
- Commitment to the Rape and Sexual Violence Project for the period of election and the willingness to devote the time and effort required
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship
- A commitment to obtain a good grasp of the activities of RSVP. It is important to understand the links between our activities, people, and finances to fulfil the role effectively.
Please note, our strategic aim is to apply to become a member of Rape Crisis England and Wales. This requires the Vice Chair and Chair to be female and overall 75% of the Board must be female too. Given the current make up of our board we are only accepting applications from women at this time to meet this requirement.
We are also keen to increase representation on our board. We would especially welcome applications from people from a variety of ethnic minority backgrounds and younger people. We also welcome applications from any one with lived experience of being subjected to sexual violence and abuse.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You will be joining a committed board. By providing your skills and experience you will help to ensure that the organisation continues to provide its invaluable services to the beneficiaries.
It is estimated that trustees can expect to commit approximately 60 hours a year / 15 hours per quarter to RSVP Board and related activities including the approximation of:
- Trustee meetings (10 hours)
- Trustees Subgroup meetings and activities (10 hours)
- Attendance at one training day and one strategy day (12 hours)
- Attend and preparing for the AGM (2 hours)
- Reading and responding to trustee related documentation include board meeting paper (16 hours)
- Ad hoc or situational additional meetings (10 hours)
Additional time commitment as Treasurer: Variable but estimated as 16 hours a year / 4 hours per quarter.
A few more details
The Reach TrusteeWorks Team are delighted to be supporting RSVP with their trustee recruitment. Please do contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role or about trusteeship in general.
All Board members will be entitled to payment of expenses incurred in carrying out their duties, in line with the charity’s financial procedures.
How to apply
Applications should be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. RSVP WM ltd operate a values-based and safer recruitment approach. To apply please request a copy of the application pack from firstname.lastname@example.org, which is where the forms need to be returned. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required. We cannot accept a DBS check done by another agency, but we can accept an online portable one.