3 days ago
Broxbourne Citizens Advice
We are looking for a new Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees to help guide and advise us on the financial health of this organisation. Responsibilities include presentation of the management accounts at board meetings, and advising on the corrective action that may be required when difficulties arise. (The treasurer is not a book-keeper or accountant but must have a good understanding of financial control and collective board responsibility).
You’ll need to:
- be available to attend six to eight evening meetings each year of our Trustee Board, plus 2-3 days per month with some time during office hours to enable you to meet staff and volunteers (around 3-7 hrs / week)
- be available to occasionally meet with the Chief Officer of the charity at a mutual convenient time
- have a willingness to work as a team
- actively participate in discussions that relate to the running of the organisation
- act in the interests of Citizens Advice Broxbourne and that of its staff and clients.
- have good independent judgement and knowledge and experience of finance to help lead Citizens Advice Broxbourne and ensure that we comply with our statutory duties.