26 days ago
Home-Start Staffordshire Moorlands
JOB ADVERT - TREASURER
Home-Start Staffordshire Moorlands is looking to appoint a new trustee with specific responsibility for acting as Treasurer to the charity.
We are a small local charity based in Leek, offering support to families living within the area who maybe experiencing difficulties that are affecting their lives. A staff team and large group of volunteers deliver this service, managed by the Senior Co-ordinator who is answerable to the Board of Trustees. The progress of the scheme over the last few years has been outstanding and this needs to continue.
How much time will you have to commit?
The Trustee Board meets 6 weekly at the Leek office and there are essential tasks to help to ensure continued development of the organisation – approximately 10 hours per month.
What will you be doing?
Trustees/non-executive directors - are both charity trustees and company directors of Home-Start Staffordshire Moorlands. Their role is to:
- manage the business of the scheme
- ensure compliance with the trust’s charitable objects and with company and charity law.
- contribute to financial and business planning for sustainability and potential growth
- assist with the recruitment of staff
- hold the Senior Co-ordinator to account while supporting the staff team
What we are looking for?
- Commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the organisation.
- Willingness and ability to understand and accept their responsibilities and liabilities as trustees, and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement, and work effectively as a board member.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to understand and question financial records and accounts.
- Willingness to gain an understanding of local needs and resources.
What skills do you need?
We are interested in hearing from individuals who have specific skills in accounting, funding, financial oversight and governance, alongside any additional experience of small business management and / or social care management.
Experience of Change Management, Risk Analysis, Succession Planning, Quality Assurance, IT Development and Human Resources would be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
Improving the life chances of families, specifically children within those, is critical to social and economic development of our community. The objective of Home-Start Staffordshire Moorlands is to support families experiencing difficulties and alongside other local agencies help to promote change and increase life opportunities for the children and their carers.
Our trustee board has trustees from a variety of business and social care backgrounds who help to develop the strategy and shape the future of the organisation. The scheme has grown in size and delivers a far bigger service to many more families across the Staffordshire Moorlands due to their hard work and commitment (alongside the staff team). You could help with this continued growth and development. Being a trustee can provide valuable career development experience for prospective future leaders in all walks of life, in addition to providing a rewarding challenge for those who wish to put something back into their local community.
What to do next?
If you are interested in the role of treasurer, please email / phone the office for an application pack or to arrange an initial telephone discussion.
Tel: 01538 387231
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
Accounting: 1 year preferred
Temporarily due to covid 19
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place