27 days ago
Aylesbury Rugby Football Club
What you can do for Aylesbury RFC:
- Look after the club’s finances to make money work for the club.
- Know exactly where the club stands financially at any time.
- Review and recommend financial policies for the club to ensure fairness and equality of opportunity eg reimbursement of out of pocket expenses.
- Contribute to strategic business planning for the club’s future.
Forming part of and reporting to the management committee you will:
- Plan and monitor a budget each year.
- Prepare and present the accounts for the end of year financial report.
- Deposit money and issue receipts promptly.
- Keep accurate records of all transactions.
- Keep the committee informed of any trends and issues.
- Prepare and submit any statutory documents needed (e.g. VAT, tax, PAYE and NI returns, grant aid reports).
- Renew insurances annually.
- Make sure the club has paid relevant affiliation fees.
- Raise invoices and undertake credit control as required.
- Deal with suppliers, coordinate timely payments, ensure appropriate documentation obtained.
- Manage cash flow.
- Monitor membership subscription income in conjunction with membership secretary.
- Monitor commercial activity (bar, hall hire, catering etc) in conjunction with the general manager.
- Manage the club investment portfolio.
Ideally you’ll need to be:
- Financially knowledgeable, with skills covering bookkeeping, accounting, VAT returns and rules, PAYE (and investment if relevant).
- Careful and confident with figures, cash and cheques.
- A good record-keeper.
- Familiar with Sage.
- Aware and decisive.
What you’ll get out of it:
Aylesbury RFC cannot function without handling money, so this is a key role with a great deal of responsibility. You’ll already need to be financially competent and this is a great way to keep those skills sharp. You’ll be fulfilling a respected role in the community and providing a vital service to the club.
How much time it will take up: Around 4 – 7 hours per week, rising at financial year end.