|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Grievson|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2021 15:36|
Future Men is looking to appoint a new Treasurer with the vision, experience and insight to join our excellent Trustee Board, to provide general financial oversight and guidance to our developing strategy.
Future Men is a London-based multi-award-winning specialist charity that supports boys and men along the path to becoming dynamic future men, whilst addressing the stereotypes around masculinity and engaging in the wider conversation on what it means to be a man. Our interventions focus on the transitions in life such as starting school, getting a job or becoming a parent: these are the times when men and boys are most likely to encounter challenges and therefore most likely to engage or seek help. Our aim is to significantly reduce the number of boys and men, particularly from socially excluded or disadvantaged backgrounds, who are unable to achieve their full potential to become productive and active members of society.
Future Men would expect the successful applicant to have the knowledge, skills and experience to be a trustee plus the following:
- Capable of liaising closely with the Finance Director on strategic matters concerning finance for the charity
- Capable of reviewing the financial position of the charity regarding budget setting and monitoring progress against budgets
Note that legal requirements mean that the following people cannot become charity trustees:
- No one under 18.
- No one serving a conviction.
- No one recently filed for bankruptcy.
Future Men recognises the enormous benefits of keeping a diverse board. We actively and warmly encourage applications therefore from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a short covering letter detailing why you are interested in joining the Future Men Board to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 11 June 2021.
To find out more about Future Men’s work please visit www.futuremen.org
The job will include:
- Maintaining an overview of Future Men’s affairs and monitor the financial standing of the charity and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Overseeing, approving & presenting budgets, accounts and financial statement
- Being assured the financial resources of FM meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring that FM has an appropriate reserves policy
- The preparation and presentation of financial reports to the Board
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Liaising with the CEO and other senior staff about financial matters
- Advising on the financial implications of FM's strategic plans
- Ensuring that FM has an appropriate investment policy when needed
- Ensuring FM's compliance with legislation
- Ensuring equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies including the Charity Commission and the Registrar of Companies
- Ensuring that the accounts are independently audited and any recommendations are implemented
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of FM
- Presenting the accounts at the FM Annual General Meeting
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's