|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Wood|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2021 10:34|
The Middle Marches Community Land Trust is owned and managed by local people to protect, conserve, restore and enhance our environment through the stewardship of land.
If you’d like to help the Trust develop into a financially robust organisation committed to building an ecologically healthy and sustainable countryside in our hills of the Middle Marches, please apply now!
The Treasurer’s task is to guide the financial decisions of the Board of MMCLT and act as a voice of expertise, bringing a level of financial experience and know-how to the running of the Trust.
The successful candidate will ideally be based within travelling distance of the middle marches region (Shropshire, Herefordshire, Powys).
The role includes the following:
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE BOARD
- Guiding and advising on annual budget and financial operations.
- Ensuring that MMCLT adheres to all legal and constitutional requirements related to good accounting practice and finances.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and systems are in place and are operating properly (e.g. cheque signatories, petty cash, any purchasing systems, purchasing limits, arrangements for payments to creditors, recovery of debts, carry out regular reconciliations,
- Produce or oversee the production of necessary financial reports, returns, accounts, examinations of accounts, and audits.
- Regularly report on the financial position of the Trust.
- Oversee development of the annual budget, propose the budget is adopted.
- Liaising with members and any sub-committees, ensure financial viability of the Trust.
- Provide sound financial information to support good decision making.
- Assess financial risk and advise accordingly.
- Contributing to the overall strategy by advising on financial implications of strategic plans and / or projects.
- Organising financial resources and advising on a reserves policy.
- Make fellow members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE TRUST
- Maintain and improve the confidence shareholders and supporters have in MMCLT’s financial standing by regular reporting on its financial health.
- Knowledge and ideally experience of current fundraising and finance practice relevant to MMCLT and any projects or sub-groups.
- Knowledge of financial management and bookkeeping as required.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ideally, be a registered accountant, or a qualified accountant with relevant recent experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's