|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Emily Jones|
|Job Published:||May 04, 2021 16:44|
IMIX supports the refugee and migration sector to shift public attitudes on migration and create an open and welcoming Britain for people who make the UK their home. We believe that public attitudes towards refugees and migrants will only improve by working collaboratively to influence the political, media, public debate.
IMIX was established in 2017 and gained independent status in 2019 (charity number 1183693) we are now looking to strengthen our board by recruiting a member with experience of financial management.
We are looking for a passionate individual with extensive experience in finance to help us achieve our vision, aims and objectives. We are looking someone who can provide expert oversight of our financial position and who is driven to help us make an impact. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of migration.
This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Advise the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities, ensuring that the charity operates within the financial guidelines set out in current legislation by the charity commission, and in the charity’s constitution
- Present financial reports to the board in a format that helps Trustees understand the charity’s financial position.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the board any financial risks facing the charity.
- Ensure that the charity has adequate financial controls and that these are monitored and reviewed regularly.
- Advise the board on the charity’s reserves policy, ensuring that this policy is reviewed and monitored regularly.
- Maintain an overview of the long-term income pipeline and cashflow
- Scrutinise the proposed annual budget and guide the board accordingly.
- Oversee the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts and ensure that these are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with professional advisors when necessary.
- Supporting staff where necessary in financial matters
Skills and experience:
- Financial qualifications and experience
- Some understanding of charity finance, knowledge of charity SORP
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating sound independent judgement
- Being prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the Board
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
- Understanding of and commitment to the work of IMIX
- Trustee Meetings are 4 times a year plus an Away Day
- Trustees are appointed for a 3-year term and can serve two terms
- Within the Trustee role, you wouldn't need to be restricted to your area of expertise
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's