|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2021 12:52|
Could you use your financial skills as Treaurer of a small charity providing activities that promote recovery for people who experience mental health difficulties?
Root and Branch help people who experience mental health difficulties, such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. Located on an organic farm in the beautiful Vale of White Horse, the charity offer a wide range of interesting activities such as gardening, blacksmithing, woodworking, crafts, artwork, pottery, ceramics and cookery. This helps people to regain their self-esteem and hence lead a fuller life including returning to work or education.
As a Trustee you will be involved in the governance of the charity, setting the strategic direction as well as supporting the Chief Officer. In addition to your statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
The treasurer also helps trustees carry out their financial responsibilities. They do this by:
- Presenting financial reports to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity’s financial position.
- Advising the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities.
- Liaising with professional advisors.
- Overseeing the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts.
- Commitment to Root & Branch’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Good financial management and analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
Please see the candidate pack for more information.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, friendly, caring and experienced team. As a small charity we are closely involved with the front line work and constantly made aware of how much difference Root and Branch makes in improving people's lives.
The Board meets monthly – usually on the 2nd Tuesday from 6.30-8.30pm. Attendance at the AGM. Occasional availability to provide guidance & advice.
How to you apply
Please apply via the Reach TrusteeWorks service.
Please send a CV or similar, (eg LinkedIn Profile) along with a short supporting statement outlining • Why you are interested in joining our board. • Your relevant skills and experience. • How you think you could apply your skills and experience to strengthen our board to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chair is happy to have an informal chat before you apply. If you would find that helpful please email the TrusteeWorksteam who will set this up. Deadline: 1st June 2021.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's