|Reference:||NAPAC trustee recruitment spring 2021|
|Contact Name:||Tom Barclay|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2021 14:01|
We know that abuse in childhood can cause continuing harm to people as they grow up. The abuse suffered years or even decades ago is damaging the lives of millions of adults today. At NAPAC we believe that every individual has the right to leave the impact of childhood abuse behind, grow as a person and enjoy a happier and more fulfilled adult life.
NAPAC is a successful national charity which supports adult survivors of any type of childhood abuse. We do this through
- Providing a range of services which offer direct support to survivors
- Spreading best practice by providing training for professionals who work with survivors
- Working with others to increase the provision and effectiveness of support for survivors
- Standing up for survivors and representing their interests among those who are in a position to help improve their lives
Whether you're an experienced trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we want to hear from you.
Our new trustees will have skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance (Treasurer role)
- Legal and/or law enforcement
As a NAPAC trustee you will benefit from:
- Induction, training and reasonable reimbursable expenses
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- The chance to improve health and wellbeing of people at a national level
The expected time commitment is four Board meetings per year (held on Wednesdays between 17.30-20.00 in NAPAC’s London offices, but with the ability to participate remotely), one full day strategy day and some ad hoc committee work.
NAPAC believes that diverse boards strengthen governance, and we remain committed to attracting, encouraging and recruiting trustee candidates from diverse backgrounds and with a wide range of skills and lived experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's