|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Wright|
|Job Published:||March 16, 2021 13:22|
The College of Mediators seeks to appoint a Treasurer
The field of mediation has seen significant changes over recent years and the College of Mediators has been at the forefront of standards-setting for this emerging profession. The College of Mediators is now seeking to appoint a Treasurer to ensure financial probity.
The College of Mediators is a membership body for mediators working in all areas of practice; family, workplace, community, intergenerational, special educational needs, commercial, restorative practice and more.
The College is also an independent standards-setting organisation which approves mediation training providers.
We work with mediators and organisations nationally, to improve mediation service provision and to develop mediation as a profession. We are one of the member organisations of the Family Mediation Council (FMC) and have a representative on the board of the FMC. We also liaise with other relevant bodies and government departments to support the ongoing development of mediation in the United Kingdom and further afield.
Details of the role
The College of Mediators wishes to appoint a Treasurer to hold an overview of the College’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and that it maintains proper financial records and procedures.
The role is not remunerated although reasonable travel to all meetings on College of Mediators related business and other reasonable and associated expenses will be reimbursed.
The role of the Treasurer is anticipated to involve a time commitment of one to two days per month, plus a meeting of the board via Zoom once every six weeks. The role is subject to a review after three months.
Much of the work can be carried out remotely. The Treasurer will be supported by the three admin staff and a freelance bookkeeper.
Role description and person specification – Treasurer
The role of the Treasurer is to:
· Work with the College Chair, Vice Chair, Admin Staff, Bookkeeper and Accountants to manage financial matters.
· Be available for board meetings as well as ongoing involvement in the work of the College.
· Liaise with the Board of Directors regarding financial matters.
· Prepare annual budgets.
· Liaise with College Accountants and Chair, Vice Chair and Admin Staff to prepare annual accounts for submission to Companies House.
· Present annual accounts at College of Mediators Annual General Meetings.
· Approve incoming invoices and authorise payments from the College bank account via two Directors.
· Work with the College Bookkeeper to prepare finance reports for board meetings, as required by the Board of Directors.
· Desirable to have knowledge of mediation, in one or more areas of practice.
· Contribute to the general development of College policies and procedures.
· Act in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures.
· Value diversity within the organisation, amongst its members and clients, treating everyone with dignity and respect at all times.
· Contribute to the continued development and success of the College.
The Treasurer must have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- A financial qualifications in accountancy and/or considerable experience as a
Treasurer for a member based organisation
- the ability to make presentations and recommendations
- the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- the ability to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.