|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Purvis|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2021 11:43|
We particularly encourage applications from Black candidates and People of Colour as we continue to build our culture of inclusion and representation within our team.
About The Kids Network
The Kids Network is a community of children and young professionals connecting through fun, friendship and hardship for positive social change.
We provide children with a volunteer mentor; a young professional from the community who delivers safe and consistent sessions over 12 months. Each mentee receives 100 hours of one-to-one support outside of the home and school environment.
Purpose of the role
· to ensure the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted within legal requirements, accounting conventions and good practice
· in partnership with the Chief Executive, ensure the financial viability and development of the organisation.
Main Treasurer duties
- Chair our Funding and Finance sub-committee in line with the terms of reference
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Founder to
- ensure the committee fulfils its financial responsibilities
- ensure proper systems for budgeting, financial control, insurance, and reporting
- keep committee members informed about organisation’ finances by written report, at board meetings and sub-committee level
- ensure financial reports are comprehensible and properly discussed
- ensure the appointment of auditors or independent examiners
- provide a financial report to members on an annual basis.
- Ensure financial viability and development of the organisation
- Ensure the committee develops a long-term financial strategy for the organisation with objectives which can be monitored
- monitor progress in budget implementation
General trustee duties
- Annually assess the changing environment and approve the organisation’s one-year plan and strategy
- Review and approve the organisation’s three-year financial goals and budget
- Approve major policies
- Recruitment of prospective members of the trustee board and fill vacancies as needed
- Review the results achieved by the staff team in relation to the organisation’s aims and objectives, annual and long-term goals and the performance of similar projects
- Be certain that the financial structure of the organisation is adequate for its current needs and its long-term strategy
- Approve major actions of the organisation, such as and major changes in activities and services.
- Promote the organisation to a wider audience of potential funders and beneficiaries.
- Attend events as and when to represent the organisation
- a knowledge of financial accounting and reporting procedures
- ability to communicate financial information to those who may have little or no financial background
- experience in charity finance
- strategic financial planning skills (in larger organisations)
- strong interpersonal skills
- an interest in income generation
- Monthly catch ups with the Founder
- To regularly attend all board meetings (5 per year between 6-8pm)
- Prepare agenda and Chair Funding and Finance sub-committee (5 per year, dates agreed in advance)
- 4 hours a month of project work
The Kids Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.