|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2021 16:15|
Northmoor Community Association are looking for a new Treasurer to join our proactive and friendly Board of Trustees.
- Monitoring the financial standing of the charity
- Keeping oversight of Budget control, cash-flow forecasting and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process
- Reporting financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals
- Monitoring policies and ensure they are compliant with financial regulations.
- The new Treasurer should have the following background/experience:
- Good financial management, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Knowledge and experience of charity finance.
We are fully committed to increasing the diversity of our board of trustees. Having amore diverse board will help us to understand better the needs of the communities we serve. We would especially welcome applications from people from a variety of ethnic minority backgrounds who are currently under-represented on our board.
What’s in it for the Treasurer?
We are a learning organisation, whose main objective is to meet the needs of the community in Longsight. You will join a collaborative and open team and contribute with your skills and experience to keep our high standards of service and commitment to our clients. We have been awarded a PQASSO quality assurance mark, which is a great achievement for a small organisation such as ourselves.
- The Board meets 6 times a year for 1 1/2 hours in the evening (6.30pm-8pm) and one AGM.
- The Treasurer will be expected to join the Business Sub-committee which looks at funding, finance and business issues. The Business Sub-Committee aims to meet at least 4 times a year.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, the skills and experience you would bring to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's