|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2021 15:30|
Rape Crisis South London is an all woman independent organisation based in Croydon providing specialist and confidential support services to female survivors of sexual violence from age 5 who live in any borough in South London.
We are looking for a female treasurer to join our friendly team of voluntary trustees to provide financial oversight and excellent governance, strategic leadership and act as ambassadors for the organisation.
The overall role of the treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Rape & Sexual Abuse Support Centre.
- Hold a current UK professional qualification. (Extensive QBE working within finance for a charity will be considered).
- Commitment to help improve policies and processes.
- Willingness to seek out additional information to bridge any gaps in knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Strategic vision and good, independent judgement.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- An understanding of charity finance.
- Good knowledge of Sage Cloud Accounting (or similar Sage packages)
RASASC is committed to promoting equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, especially the BAME community, to enable us to have a diverse trustee board that reflects our clients and communities. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. Applications will be accepted from women only under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will be working with such a dedicated group of women, both staff and Board members, who are totally committed and passionate about the work they do for survivors is empowering, fills one with pride, and is very fulfilling.
Board meetings every 6 weeks. Approx 1 day per month for preparation of accounts and other financial matters - at your convenience.
Before you apply
Applications are through Reach TrusteeWorks. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board to email@example.com
Closing date: 4th June 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's