|Reference:||REF-Treasurer icandance 1|
|Contact Name:||Shahida Bibi|
|Job Published:||March 11, 2021 15:43|
Treasurer role at icandance
About the charity:
icandance celebrates children and young people with disabilities, enabling them to thrive through dance. Based in London our specialist approach, incorporating Dance Movement Psychotherapy, is delivered by a highly skilled and passionate team who build meaningful relationships with our disabled dancers and their families. We utilise a clinical model, employing therapeutic tools, supported by strong governance and a well-defined business strategy to achieve our goals. icandance aims to improve lives, change perspectives, support communities and inspire creativity.
Each week, icandance offers a creative, therapeutic community for up to 150 children and young people with varying complex disabilities to experience the joy of dance which enhances wellbeing and creative expression.
icandance aims to challenge the way dance, disability, wellbeing and inclusion is experienced by communities and other professionals.
We are currently seeking the role of Treasurer to sit on the trustee board.
A Trustees overall role is to guide and oversee the charities governance and delivery of the vision of the charity. Our board consists of professional leaders and parents who are passionate about what icandance offers the wider community and are actively engaged in its development and growth. The board works closely with the Founder and Executive Team. All trustees have identified areas of responsibility.
The Treasurer oversees all financial activities and offers expert advice in all areas of financial management as well as delivery of the annual accounts. The Treasurer works alongside the administration and executive management team to ensure all funds are managed appropriately to maintain the solvency of the charity.
We seek a new Treasurer that can build on current good practice to launch icandance further as a provider of a unique opportunity for families and as an advocate for change amongst fellow professionals.
The role requires an individual who is able to share time and skills of financial management with an interest in inclusion and the arts. The organisation is driven, creative and committed to our core values and vision offering a supportive community for all who are involved.
Duties of the Treasurer include, inter alia :
- To prepare monthly accounts for the board of trustees
- To oversee the preparation of the annual accounts
- To prepare the annual budget alongside the executive team
- To input budget preparation for varying funding applications when needed
- To advise the board of Trustees and Executive committee on all matters financial, keeping close overview and analysis of budgets and financial decisions
- To ensure that the Board fulfils its duties in managing the financial health and sustainability of the Charity
- A qualified and registered Accountant
- Comfortable with online accounting systems, or quick to learn (icandance manages its books with Xero and Microsoft 365)
- The ability to work and lead a team
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship specifically that of a Treasurer
- Good understanding of charity and/or corporate governance issues
- Experience of the charity sector and financial management of an organisation
- 5 Board meetings per year.
- Preparation of monthly accounts.
- Preparation of annual accounts.
- Authorisation of Payroll
- Authorisation of certain Payments
- Meetings with the finance administrative team as and when required (approximately quarterly)
- Est.3-5 hours per month plus meetings
Reporting to: The board of Trustees
Terms: The charity’s Treasurer will serve one three-year term with eligibility for reappointment. The candidate should declare any conflicts of interest. This is a voluntary position.
To discuss this role further please email the Founder/ CEO Juliet Diener at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply please send a covering letter to the same contact details listed above with a CV.