|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2021 17:16|
About Ashford Place
The charity provides support services to single homeless people as well as vulnerable people in our local community. Moving away from a single issue agency, the charity is keen to work with its local community and statutory partners to improve the lives of vulnerable people in Brent.
We provide our services from our wholly owned Community Resource Centre. We are spearheading a significant change in the way support services are designed and delivered with an emphasis on personal responsibility, community cohesion and long term positive impact on individuals/communities. We have achieved Investors in People, Matrix and Customer 1st quality standard awards.
We are a very collegiate bunch of people so you might like the chance to work with us
What you will be doing
Help us continue our valuable role as a community charity supporting over 600 people a year in NW London. We want our Treasurer to maintain an overview of our financial affairs and ensure our viability.
General financial oversight
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements
- To liaise with designated staff about financial matters
- To liaise with our auditors
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- To ensure that robust systems are in place for internal financial control and the protection of the charity’s funds and assets
- To ensure compliance with relevant Legislation
- To liaise with CEO and Finance Director to ensure that the annual accounts are compliant with the current Charities SORP
- To advise the Board on the appointment of the Auditors
- To ensure any recommendations of the auditors are implemented
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies
Financial planning and reporting
- To present financial reports to the committee
- To advise on our reserves policy and investment policy
- To advise on the financial implications of our strategic and operational plans
- To advise on and contribute to our fundraising strategy
- To ensure that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity
- To chair Resource Committee meetings in line with standing orders and terms of reference, and reporting back to the Board of Trustees
What we are looking for
Our ideal person would have:
- A good understanding of the voluntary sector and its challenges/opportunities plus
- Experience in financial control, budgeting, and business planning skills
- Experience in charity finance, fundraising, and pension schemes
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to be contacted by staff on an ad hoc basis
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- A wider involvement with the voluntary sector and other networks
- Ability to respect the confidentiality
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and to enjoy their work
What difference will you make?
We recognise the benefits of a top-class Treasurer. Whilst most of our staff are front-line workers supporting very vulnerable people it is reassuring we have a Treasurer that helps to keep us ship shape and on course, We work well together as a team but just need that person to make sure our finances are in order. If there was a need for us before there is a massive need for us now given the impact of Covid-19 on people. We have been helping people since 1983. Help us continue this proud history.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
Being part of a small yet very successful forward-thinking local charity that does what it says on the tin. Plus you can use your expertise to make us even
Initially, so that the person gets to know our ways and understands our system we would suggest a few hours a week but that could lessen.
How to apply
Please apply via the Reach Volunteering site (see below)
Deadline: 31st March 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's