|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Hera Hussain|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2021 11:40|
We are looking for a qualified Finance professional, who has experience at a senior level to become the Treasurer of our Board of trustees as we transition from a CIC (Community Interest Company) into a CIO (Charity Incorporated Organisation) enabling us to be more sustainable and also scale our impact.
Our Treasurer doesn’t need experience as a Trustee, but significant experience of Charity Finance is essential - this role could suit a CFO, Head of Finance or similar who is seeking their first trustee role. It would also be an exciting role for someone who has previous experience of being a Treasurer and would like to volunteer with a more dynamic and innovative organisation.
We hope that our Treasurer will volunteer 6-8 hours per month with Chayn, which will include quarterly meetings (virtual), some administrative tasks, training/induction and calls with the team.
Trustees will build strong and supportive relationships with each other and with the executive team, and will have fun working with one of the most innovative and dynamic charities in the UK.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place.
- Supporting the Charity’s development of financial plans and budgets
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of current fundraising and finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management.
- Excellent financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Passion for and commitment to the work of Chayn, and alignment with our values and ethics
- Collaborative approach
To view our recruitment pack with further details on the role and the organisation, please click the appliction link
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's